Upgrading to the current version on the same computer
- You have Version 3.7 or higher of RICOH ProcessDirector.
- Your system meets all the prerequisites for this version.
- The installer for newer versions of RICOH ProcessDirector enforces prerequisites more rigorously than earlier versions. If your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements, the installer cancels the installation. You do not need to uninstall RICOH ProcessDirector to install an operating system upgrade.
The installation process upgrades the base product and almost all the features that are currently installed. RICOH Transform features and extended features (custom software components) are not updated automatically. You install them separately after you install the upgrade.
If you use more than one RICOH Transform features, upgrade all the transform features before you install your new license key.
- For information about installing RICOH Transform features, see Preparing to install RICOH Transform features.
- For more information about installing extended features, contact your Ricoh support representative.
To upgrade to the current version of RICOH ProcessDirector on the same computer:
- Verify that your system meets the prerequisites.
- If you have the Reports feature installed, review Special considerations for upgrading the Reports feature.
- Before upgrading your system, back up your data.See Backing up data for more information.
- Follow the installation instructions. After the procedure for Installing the base product is complete, continue with step .See Installing for more information.
- If you did not restart the computer that RICOH ProcessDirector is installed on as part of step above, restart it now.
- When the computer restarts, RICOH ProcessDirector should start automatically. Use your browser to log in to the user interface. If
an error occurs during the installation, contact Ricoh Software Support.
- Use the About box to verify that the product version was updated.
- Use the Feature Manager to verify that all of your previously installed features were updated to new levels.
Open Feature Manager by clicking. If you see an error message, you must start Feature Manger manually:
- Log in to the primary computer as the RICOH ProcessDirector system user (aiw1 is the default).
- Open a command prompt and type: startaiw -f
- To complete the process, clear your browser cache.
Information that is stored in the browser cache can cause errors when you try to use the newer level. Clearing the cache prevents those errors.
- Reload the Feature Manager web page.
- RICOH ProcessDirector and all features install in trial mode. After you upgrade, download and install license keys. If the trial period expires before you install license keys, the software stops working. See Downloading and installing license keys for more information.