Places where error information is recorded
This section lists a few of the places you should look to get information about errors configuring and using AFP Upload on TCP/IP networks:
- error.log for an InfoPrint Manager actual destination
- The AFP Upload client program operates as an InfoPrint Manager PSF Upload TCP/IP actual
destination. Like all InfoPrint Manager actual destinations, it records error messages
in a file named error.log in the directory for the InfoPrint Manager actual destination. The directory is
You can use the psfmsg command to display detailed information about any InfoPrint Manager PSF message. For more information about the psfmsg command, see RICOH InfoPrint Manager: Reference.
- MVS console log
- The MVS console log contains information about host server program errors, especially if the host server program runs in a startable address space.
- MVS held output
- If the host server program runs as a job managed by an MVS initiator, check the job's held output for information about errors. You must use a MSGCLASS on the JCL JOB statement that causes job execution data sets to be held.
- SYSPRINT data set
- The AFP Upload host server program records its configuration values and information about run-time errors in the data set referenced by the SYSPRINT DD statement. See Specifying the SYSPRINT DD statement.