Upgrading to a Higher Version
You can install the permanent license as soon as you finish upgrading TotalFlow Production Manager. You do not have to wait for the trial license to expire.
- When upgrading TotalFlow Production Manager to 4.3, if you currently have a version earlier than 3.1, upgrade to 3.1 first, then to 4.3.
- If you want to migrate to a new operating system, and you currently have a version
earlier than 3.1, upgrade to 3.1 first, then to 4.3. Follow the instructions in the
Migrating to a new operating systemsection.
- Log in to Windows as an administrator.
- Insert the TotalFlow Production Manager installation media in the drive.The installation should start automatically. If it does not, launch
setupTFPM_64.exein the DVD root directory.
- You see the TotalFlow Production Manager splash screen:
- Select a language for the installer and click OK.
You see the Introduction dialog.
- Click Install.
The installer verifies that the prerequisites are installed on your system. This might take a few minutes.
You see the License Agreement dialog.
- In the License Agreement dialog:
- Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- In the Back up Data dialog, choose Yes.You see the Backup Directory panel. Select or enter a directory where you want to save the back up data archive, then click Next.Important: If, for any reason, the upgrade process fails, use the migration script
migrateReload.batto restore your data. To run the script, follow the instructions in Migrating to a New Operating System.
To restore your data successfully, run the script on a clean TotalFlow Production Manager installation.
- You see a pop-up window saying that you already have an older version of TotalFlow Production Manager and asking if you want to install the new version. Click Yes.
The new version of TotalFlow Production Manager is installed and activated.
- If you see the Windows Security Alert dialog during the installation, click Unblock.
- Click Next.
You see the Install Complete dialog.
- Click Done.
- Clearing the browser cache is recommended before every new installation or upgrade.
- You cannot install x64 version on x86 operating system.