Disabling the LPD Server
If you plan to use the LPD protocol to submit jobs to TotalFlow Production Manager, disable any other LPD server on the system where TotalFlow Production Manager is installed. The TotalFlow Production Manager server includes an LPD server. Only one LPD server can run on a system at a time.
To disable another LPD server:
- Log in to Windows as a local administrator.
- Set the view of the Windows Control Panel to Large Icons or Classic View.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, then double-click Services.
- Look for these services:
- TCP/IP Print Server (LPDSVC)
- Line Printer Daemon Service (LPD)
- Any third-party LPD server that runs as a Windows service
- If you find any of these services, double-click it to display its Properties dialog window. In the Startup type list select Manual or Disabled mode, then click OK to close the dialog.Note: Depending on the operating system that you are using, you might not find any of these services. They are not installed and activated on all Windows systems.
- If you have installed any third-party LPD server that does not run as a Windows service, see the documentation for that product.