Installing the LPR Client
If you plan to submit jobs from TotalFlow Production Manager to Passthrough printers, which can print both PDF and other data streams, you must install an LPR client on the system where TotalFlow Production Manager is installed. You must also install an LPR client on any system that uses the LPD protocol to submit jobs to TotalFlow Production Manager.
- Many different LPR clients are available. These procedures explain how to install the LPR client supplied with the Windows operating system.
- This procedure shows how to install the LPR Client on Windows Server 2012. There might be minor differences in other versions of Windows.
- Log in to Windows as a local administrator.
- Look in
C:\Windows\SysWOW64for a file called
lpr.exe. If you find it, stop.The LPR client is already installed.
- Look in
lpr.exe. If you find it, go to Step 5.
- If you do not find
lpr.exe, install the LPR Port Monitor feature. To install the LPR Port Monitor feature:
- Click Manage.
- Click Add Roles and Features.
- Click next until you reach Feature.
- Select the LPR Port Monitor check box and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Copy these files from