Printing a Job with Both Color and Black and White Sheets on Separate Printers
To reduce costs, instead of printing all the sheets on a color printer, you can print the color sheets on a color printer and then use them as inserts on a black and white printer.
- Register a color printer and a black and white printer.
The black and white printer must have an interposer tray.For more information on adding printers, see Registering Printers.
- On the menu bar, click the printers menu and select the color printer from the list.
- Make sure that the imposition is set to Normal or Gangup - Unique in the Impose panel.
- To select all the color sheets from the job, right-click any sheet and click .
- A sheet with any color object is considered a color sheet.
- A sheet with at least one color page is considered a color sheet.
- On the menu bar, click .
- Load the printed color sheets in an interposer tray on the black and white printer.
- In TotalFlow Prep, click the printers menu and select the black and white printer from the list.
- Right-click any sheet and click .
- Right-click the selection, then click .
- On the Paper tray dialog box, select the interposer tray where the color sheets are loaded and click OK.
- Click , the Print button.