Creating Printer Pools
Printer pools are groups of printers that work together for maximum efficiency. When you send a job to a printer pool, TotalFlow Production Manager assigns it to the printer that can print it fastest.
To create a printer pool:
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations.
- In the objects pod on the left, click Printer Pools, and then New....
You see the Create Printer Pool dialog:
- Enter or select values for the required and optional properties that must be adjusted
to match your environment.
- To add a printer to the pool, select it in the Printers list.You can add the same printer to more than one printer pool.
- To remove a printer from the pool, click the printer again.
- To add a printer to the pool, select it in the Printers list.
- You can use Copy Split functionality to increase the speed of the printing process:
- Set the Copy Split option to Yes, and Copy Split Threshold to a number that will be the maximum number of copies that a job can have before
it triggers the Copy Split functionality.This will split the job into smaller jobs that will be assigned to all available printers in the printer pool, so that the total set of copies will be printed as fast as possible.
- Set the Copy Split option to Yes, and Copy Split Threshold to a number that will be the maximum number of copies that a job can have before it triggers the Copy Split functionality.
- Click OK.