These types of printers can receive jobs in TotalFlow Production Manager:
- Job Ticket printer
- Job Ticket printers are associated with printer devices that support job tickets. You can specify
job options by editing the job tickets for jobs assigned to Job Ticket printers.
TotalFlow Production Manager workflows that are associated with Job Ticket printers can receive jobs from these programs:
- RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission
- RICOH TotalFlow Prep
- RICOH TotalFlow PM PDF Print Driver
- External online applications such as MarcomCentral Web-to-print system.
- Passthrough printer
- Passthrough printers are associated with printer devices that can print jobs in many
different formats, for example, PCL, PostScript, and PDF. Jobs assigned to passthrough
printers do not have job tickets. TotalFlow Production Manager workflows that are associated with Passthrough printers can receive these jobs in
a hot folder or from a print command that uses the LPD protocol. Passthrough printers
cannot report job status.
Passthrough printers can receive jobs from RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission.
TotalFlow Production Manager uses assignment properties to assign jobs to both types of printers. If the values of all the assignment properties for a job match the values of the corresponding assignment properties for a printer, the job can be assigned to the printer.
|Job property||Printer property|
|Paper Settings (Name on Paper page of Properties for Job editor)||Paper Settings (Name of the papers in the printer's input trays or scheduled in paper changes for the printer)|
|Color/Black and white||Color mode|
|Total sheets||Job total sheets supported|
|Requested Printer||Requested Printer|
- Because each printer has its own queue in the Queues pod, you do not see a combined queue for the printer device.
- Jobs might not print in the order that you expect.
- A job assigned to one printer might print between the header page and the body of a job assigned to another printer.
- If both a Job Ticket printer and a Passthrough printer represent the same printer device, you might not be able to view the status of jobs assigned to the Job Ticket printer when the Passthrough printer is processing a large job.