Supplied Activities and Custom Activities
Some of the supplied activities are protected. You cannot copy, modify, or delete these activities, although you can change the job defaults that they set. Others are not protected. If you want to modify these activities, copy them to custom activities and modify the custom activities.
The supplied protected activities are:
- Create Job
- Use this activity to determine the input data stream and set the values of job properties according to the workflow defaults and overrides.
- Proof Print
- Use this activity to preview a specified page range of the job.
- Use this activity to locate the beginning of each page in the job, rebuild the page information needed for accurate repositioning when a partial job is reprinted, and send the job to the printer.
- Use this activity to store a job in the system after printing.
- Use this activity to export audit information, then remove the job from the system.
The supplied unprotected activities are:
- TotalFlow Prep
- Use this activity to require an operator to indicate that a TotalFlow Prep operation has been completed before the job moves to the next activity in the workflow.
- Transform to PDF
- Use this activity to convert PCL and PostScript files to PDF files.
- Run External Application
- Use this activity to pass a job to an external application that uses a command-line interface for processing. You specify return codes that indicate success so that TotalFlow Production Manager can move the job to the next activity in the workflow when the external Run External Application completes.
- Copy to Folder
- Use this activity to save job files in a specified folder.
- Closeout Order
- Use this activity to closeout order jobs submitted through external web-to-print applications portals.
- Run Hot Folder Application
- Use this activity to pass a file to an external application that uses a hot folder interface for processing. TotalFlow Production Manager moves the job automatically to the next activity in the workflow when the external application returns a completed file.
- Use this activity to preflight PDF files using the internal TotalFlow Production Manager PitStop library.
- External Preflight
- Use this activity to preflight PDF files using PitStop Server program.
- Change Workflow
- Use this activity to move jobs to specific workflows based on defined conditions.
- To be able to use this activity, make sure you define the conditions in the Job Defaults dialog of the workflow.
- Use this activity to stop a job so that it can be approved or rejected before moving to the next activity in the workflow.