Configuring Workflows to Merge Jobs in Hot Folder
You can configure a workflow to merge PDF file in Hot Folder, using the Hot Folder polling activity, according to rules that you define.
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations, then Workflows.
- Select a workflow, click More, then Editor and Properties....You see the Workflow dialog.
- Click Properties.
- On the General page, turn on Hot folder.
- On the Advanced page, in the HOT FOLDER section, set a polling interval. When deciding the polling interval value you must take into consideration the size of the PDF files that you intend to merge.
- In File Types, select Documents.
- Select a Merge Method and, if necessary, a Merge Number.
- Click OK.
- Files that are still being copied at the time of the polling will be passed to the next polling.
- If the merge tool cannot process all files, due to corrupted or password protected
files, the unmerged files will be saved in the
Hotfolder/Merging/FailedMergesfolder, cataloged by timestamp of merge. For information about the error, look into the workflow log.