Creating a Paper Change for a Printer
TotalFlow Production Manager assigns jobs to the printer before or after the paper change, depending on the papers that they use. When all the jobs that use the old paper have printed, the operator sees a message with instructions to change the paper.
As an option, the printer can print these instructions on a separator page.
To print the special instructions:
- Passthrough printers must have a value for the Command for special instructions property.
- To print the special instructions on a specific paper, the printer must have a value for the Input tray for separator pages property.
To create a paper change for a printer:
- In the menu bar, click Queues.
- In the Queues pod, click , the change paper icon.
- Enter a name for the paper change in Name; for example, T4 Letter to A4.
- In the Printer list, select the printer for which you want to create the paper change.
- Choose the exact position in the jobs queue where you want this paper change to apply.
- Select the input tray that you want to change.
You see a list in the After column.
- In the After column of the table, double-click the arrow to expand the list of papers, and select the name of the new paper that you want to load in the input tray.
- Enter a message to the operator in Show message; for example, Load glossy side up.
- Optional: To save the message to the operator in a PDF file and print this file on a separator
sheet, click Print separator sheet.Note: The separator page does not print if the printer is a Passthrough printer and its Command for special instructions property is not set to a valid print command.
- Click OK.