Operators and administrators can view the logs for workflows, printers, and jobs. Administrators can also view the logs for the server, papers, and users.
Logs contain messages issued for objects that have not been deleted yet. When a user
deletes an object, the log files are moved to audit files in the
There is no size limit for logs.
To view the log for an object:
- In the object pod, select the object, click More, then click Log...
You see the object log. It shows messages that were issued in the last three days. This example shows a job log:
- If the text of a message is truncated, mouse over the message entry.
- To sort the messages by message type or by another column, click the column heading.Click once to sort in ascending order. Click twice to sort in descending order.
- To change how and what you see in the log, change these fields:
- Show results for
- The default is that you see messages that TotalFlow Production Manager has issued for the object in the last three days. To select a different time period, use the list for this field and its associated radio buttons.
- The default is that you see messages of the type All. To select a different type of information, use the list for this field.
- To save the log as a text file:
Note: To edit an exported log file, use an editor that supports UTF-8.
- Click Export.
Depending on your operating system and browser settings, you might see the Select location for download dialog.
- If you see this dialog, specify the file name and location of the log.Specify the file type as
.csv.If you do not see this dialog, the log file is saved in your default Downloads location.
- Click Save.
- Click Export.