Configuring Printers to Print Separator Sheets
TotalFlow Production Manager can print job property values on job separator sheets (banner pages) before or after a job. Job separator sheets that print before the first data pages of a job are also called header sheets. Job separator sheets that print after the last data pages of a job are also called trailer sheets.
- Passthrough printers cannot print header sheets or trailer sheets.
- For separator sheets to print, the value of the Job separator sheet (before) copies or Job separator sheet (after) copies property of the workflow that creates the job must be 1 or greater.
To configure a job ticket printer to print separator sheets:
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations.
- In the objects pod on the left, select Printers.
- In the Printers tab, select the printer and click More, then select Properties...
- In the Properties for Job Ticket Printer dialog, click Advanced.
- Optional: To print separator sheets on a specific paper type, select a value from the list for
the Input tray for separator pages property.The paper in this tray will be used to print all job separator sheets: header sheets, trailer sheets, and separator sheets with special instructions.If no Input tray for separator pages is selected, all job separator sheets will be printed on Plain A4 or Letter.
- To enable the printer to print header or trailer sheets, set Before or After to Yes.
- Click OK.