Configuring a Printer Pool With Copy Split Option
To create the printer pool:
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations.
- In the objects pod on the left, click Printer Pools, then New.
- Select the job ticket printer and the Passthrough printer in the Printers.
- Set the job ticket printer as the Representative Printer.
- Toggle the Copy Split option on.
- Set Copy Split Threshold to 5.
- Click OK to create the printer pool.You can see the newly created printer pool in the Printer Pools tab.
- Then create a workflow.
- For instructions on how to create a workflow, see Creating workflows.
- Enter a name for the workflow.
- Select Hot folder or LPD as job submission type.
- Set the newly created printer pool as the Requested printer.
- Click OK to create the workflow.
- Make sure that the printers in the printer pool and the workflow are enabled.
- Select the previously created workflow, click Properties for Workflow, then Job Defaults.
- On the Job Setup page, in the Copies field, set a number of copies higher than 5.Note: Make sure that these settings are set as an overwrite value.
- On the server where TotalFlow Production Manager is installed, copy a PS, PDF or PCL file in the folder set as the hot folder for
the workflow.Note: If you want to split the number of copies on all printers from the printer pool, all printers must have the same capabilities.
The jobs will be split on printers according to their availability. If the representative printer is in error state or disabled, all jobs will be printed on the second printer, which, in our case, is the Passthrough printer.
You can see the job in the All Jobs pod of the Operations page.
The .PS, PCL or PDF file created can be found at the following location on the server: