Creating a new combined filter
To create a New Combined Filter, click , the Add Filter button, from the Filters tab and select Combined Filter.
You can also create a new combined filter from the Filters section. Click New Filter and select the Combined Filter option.
The New Combined Filter dialog is displayed.
- Filter Name
- Specify the name of the combined filter.
- Add a short description for the combined filter.
The combined filter consists of at least two components. You can add more components or remove some of them. To add a new component, click , the add component button. To remove a component from the list, click , the remove component button.
To configure the component properties, click Edit . The Component detail dialog is displayed:
- Component Name
- Specify the name of the component.
- Proof Jobs
- Click the checkbox if you want the filter selection to include jobs with the Proof job property set to Proof Required. The default state for Include jobs requiring proof is unchecked.
Note: When the checkbox is not selected, the filter selection ignores jobs with the Proof job property set to Proof Required.
- Click the Enable Job Aggregation checkbox if you want the filter selection to enable job aggregation. The checkbox is displayed only if aggregation is enabled from the Admin tab, the Aggregate window. When the filter aggregation is on, all batches out of this filter, created manually or through automation, also have the aggregation on. Aggregation is not available for Proof filters.
- Output Destination
- Select the hot folder destination for this component from the list.
- Estimated Output Speed
- The estimated output speed generated by the selected output destination. You can edit the output speed and select the measurement unit from the list.
- Banner Sheets
- Click the checkbox if you do not want to print banner sheets for the jobs in this filter. This option is enabled only when banner sheets are set for the selected output destination.
You can set the job attributes, job sequence, and volume estimates settings for each component.
Job Attributes tab
- Select one of these options:
- All Attributes ("and" logic)
- Any Attributes ("or" logic)
If you select All Attributes ("and" logic), the component selects the jobs matching all the attributes set in the Job Attributes tab. If you select Any Attributes ("or" logic), the component selects any job matching at least one of the specified attributes.
To configure the criteria for the new filter:
- Select the attribute type from the first list.
- From the second list, select one of these operators:
- Is not
- Greater than
- Less than
- Greater than or equal
- Less than or equal
- To complete the criteria, enter or select a value for the specified attribute type.
You can select one or more attributes to use as criteria for the component. To add a new attribute, click , the Add Criteria button. To remove an attribute from the component criteria, click , the Remove Criteria button.
If you want to filter the jobs by a specific date and time, select the Due Date attribute from the first list. Select Is or Less than or equal as an operator from the second list.
To set specific values for the date and time:
- Click , the calendar button. The Due dialog box appears. Select one of the available options or type in to set the date and time when the job is due.
- Click OK.
Job Sequence tab
You can set the sequence of the jobs for this component. The secondary attributes are used to sort the list of jobs within the primary sort.
Add or remove the sorting attributes using the and buttons. Manually sorting the attributes does not work for the component.
Volume Estimates tab
You can select up to three volume estimates to display in the component information. The possible values for each menu are:
- Run Time (h:m)
- File Size
The system displays a preview of the component. This information is shown in the list of filters in the Filters panel.
To save the changes and close the Component detail dialog, click OK.
- Automation Level
- You can choose the level of automation. Select one of these options:
- No Automation — The jobs are not batched automatically.
- Auto-Batch — The jobs are automatically batched when the target range is reached.
- Auto-Batch-and-Send — When the target range is reached, all matching jobs are automatically batched and sent to the associated output destination.
- Automation Trigger
- Select one of the two options:
- On All Conditions ("AND" logic):
- On Any Condition ("OR" logic):
If you select On All Conditions ("AND" logic):, the batch is created only when all the specified targets are reached. If you select On Any Condition ("OR" logic):, the batch is created when at least one of the specified targets is reached.
You can add more conditions from the list or remove some of them. To add a new condition, click , the add condition button. To remove an attribute, click , the remove condition button. To change the position of a row, click , the move button, and drag the selection.
When you configure the trigger conditions, you must specify a component for each volume-based trigger. To configure the conditions:
Note: If you select Day/Time as the target type, you can set the specific day of the week (Sunday through Saturday) and the time of day when the batch is created.
- Select the target type from the list.
- Select a component from the list.
- To change the position of a row, enter a value in first text field to set the target.
- Specify the threshold in the second field.
Select a value from the Day list.
Select a value from the Time list.When a filter is set for a Day/Time automation and the TotalFlow BatchBuilder server is down at that specified day and time, the filter does not trigger when the server starts.
This section describes how to create a schedule that is applied to filter automation, limiting the time period the filter can run.
You can enable or disable Automation Schedule by clicking the Enable or Disable button.
Select the day of the week from the Day list. Select the hour and the minutes when the automation starts from the Start list. Select the hour and the minutes when the automation ends from the Stop list. Specify the number of Maximum Batches you want to send.
When setting Maximum Batches for a scheduled period, you can choose the component filter that is monitored for the number of batches.
If one or more scheduled periods have a maximum number of batches specified, the Maximum Batches component filter selection is enabled.
If Maximum Batches for a component are achieved for one active period, but the other time periods have not met their Maximum Batches, they will continue to send batches.
Add or remove multiple schedules using and buttons.
If any of the Maximum Batches are set, select a Component from the list. The default value of the Automation trigger component is Select.
To create the new combined filter, click OK.
To close the New Combined Filter dialog and discard the entered information, click Cancel.