Creating a new alert trigger
This topic describes how to create a new alert trigger.
- From the menu bar, click Alerts.
- In the Alerts section, click the Alert Triggers tab.
- Click New Alert Trigger.The New Alert Trigger dialog box is displayed.
- In the New Alert Trigger dialog box:
- The default state of the new trigger is enabled. You can change the state of the trigger.
- Enter a name for the new alert trigger in the Alert Name field.
- Select the object type of the alert trigger from the Type list.
- Depending on the selected object type, the object status specifies the condition that must be met for the alert to be triggered. Select a value from the Status list.
- In the Trigger Alert After you can choose a time period to delay the alert.
- In the Auto-Dismiss Alert After (hours) field, specify the number of hours the triggered alert is retained in the system.
- Select one or more users from the Email Notification list. The specified users receive an email notification each time the alert is triggered.Note: You can click any of the selected users to remove them from the Email Notification list.
- Click OK.