You can create hot folders in RICOH Account Administration.
- Get the Account Administration user rights that allow you to create hot folders.
- Install and set up RICOH Cloud Connector.
- Create a folder on a computer that RICOH Cloud Connector can access. The folder must be shared in the network with Read/Write access.
- Sign in to RICOH Account Administration.
- In the left side panel, click Hot Folders.You see your tenant's hot folders list:
- Click Add Hot Folder at the right top of the page.You see the Add Hot Folder dialog:
- Enter the name of the hot folder, a description that can help you identify the hot folder you need when sending jobs to hot folders, and the location of the folder you created.
- If the hot folder is already created on a printer, select Printer hot folder option, then select the digital front end and the printer model. This way, jobs are
sent directly to the printer or digital front end where the destination hot folder
- To use this function, a hot folder must be previously defined on a printer. For information on how to create a hot folder on a printer, read the printer documentation.
- Hot folders cannot be used with all printers. The Printer model list depends on the digital front end that you selected.
- Click OK.
- If you have multiple instances of Cloud Connector installed, you see the RICOH Cloud Connector Setup dialog. Choose one Cloud Connector to be used when sending jobs to the hot folder that you are creating, then click OK.
- When a connector is deleted or disconnected, the associated hot folders are disconnected. When you register a new connector, the hot folders that were disconnected are automatically associated with it.
- If you have automations sending jobs to hot folders, and those hot folders are disconnected, the jobs get into Error: state.