Creating Run External Application Activities
To process a job with an external application that uses a command-line interface, you must create a Run External Application activity and add it to the workflow.
To create a Run External Application activity:
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations.
- In the objects pod on the left side of the page, click Workflows.
- Select the workflow that you want to edit, click More, then Editor and Properties....
The workflow is displayed in the Editor pod.
- In the Default section of the Activities pod, select the Run External Application activity and click Copy...
- In the Copy Activity dialog, set values for all required properties.
- Click OK.
You see the new activity in the Custom section of the Activities pod.
- Add the new activity to the workflow where you plan to submit jobs for processing with the external application.