Setting workflow Defaults and Overrides for Job Properties
When the workflow receives a job, the job uses the workflow defaults for properties that do not have a value. It uses the workflow overrides for all job properties instead of the values in the job ticket.
To set workflow defaults and overrides for job properties:
- In the Workflow tab, right-click the workflow, then click Editor and Properties.... Or double-click the workflow.
You see the Workflow dialog:
- In the Properties for Workflow dialog, click Job Defaults.
You see the Set Job Defaults and Overrides for Workflow dialog:Note: If you plan to submit jobs through one of the TotalFlow applications, make sure that the properties set for the Staple option are matching on Finishing page and in the Subset tool. This prevents conflicts between the finishing options submitted with the job and the finishing options set by the workflow.
- Click the page graphics to see different properties.
- To see information about any of the properties:
- Mouse over the property.
- Click , the question mark button, next to the property name.
- Enter or select values for any properties that you want to set.
- For each property that you set, click the icon to mark the value as a default or an
override. The icon toggles between default and override images.
- means that the value is a default.
- means that the value is an override.
- To set the same value for all the properties, select Default or Override in the bottom left corner of the dialog.
- Click OK.