Building a Job from Scanned Files
- Depending on the scanner you want to use, you must first install and configure the
corresponding Ricoh TWAIN driver or the EFI Fiery Remote Scan utility.
For information on the supported devices, see the Printer Connector Readme file. For information on the driver installation and configuration procedure, see the documentation for your drivers.
- On Windows Server 2012 R2, you must install the Desktop Experience feature from Server Manager before installing the TWAIN driver.
- For Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019, make sure that the Desktop Experience version of the operating system is installed before installing the TWAIN driver.
- To use the scanner with the EFI Fiery controller option, the Fiery Remote Scan utility is required. The TWAIN driver cannot be used in this case.
- Make sure that you use a 32-bit version of Fiery Remote Scan. The latest 32-bit version is 220.127.116.11 and is available for download on the Ricoh website. For example, you can go to http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/lan_e/model/eb_32/eb_32en.htm and select a 32-bit link, such as http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/lan_e/model/eb_32/eb_32en.htm#Microsoft%20Windows%2010%20(32-bit).
- If the orientation of scanned data is not as required, you can rotate the pages using the rotate function provided by TotalFlow Prep. For more information, see Rotating Pages.
- Open TotalFlow Prep and click Build Job on the Quick Actions screen.
- In the Build Job dialog box, select a TWAIN-compliant scanner or the Fiery Remote Scan utility from
the list of scanners and click Scan.Depending on the selected scanner, the TWAIN driver setup screen or the Fiery Remote Scan utility is launched.
- Follow the steps required by the scanner driver and make any necessary settings.The file imported from the scanner appears in the list of files on the Build Job dialog box.
- Repeat the previous two steps to scan and add all the files required for the job.You can also browse for existing files on the computer and add them to the job. For more information, see Building a Job from Existing Files.
- Optional: In the Build Job dialog box, make the necessary adjustments and configure additional settings for
- To reorder the files inside the job, drag and drop a file before or after other files in the list.
- To specify which pages to include for files with multiple pages, enter the required
page numbers or page ranges in the Page Range column.
Enter multiple pages or page ranges separated by commas.
- To include multiple copies of a file, enter the required number of copies in the Copies column.
- To remove a file from the list, hover over the file and click , the Delete button.
- To apply the settings in a registered preset when the job is created, enable the Apply preset option and select a preset from the list.
- To apply tab settings or chapter settings automatically when the job is created, enable
the Automate tabs and chapters option.
You can create tabs and chapters based on the files inside the job or based on PDF bookmarks. For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.
- Click the Create button.Note: If a job was already open in TotalFlow Prep, the new job opens in a new window.