Adding Custom Printers
You can register non-RICOH printers using custom printer definition files created by regional experts.
Important: Before registering a printer, make sure that both your computer and the printer are correctly connected to the network. For details about how to connect the printer to a network, see the printer documentation.
- Go to Custom Printer Tool. and click Note: The procedure might differ according to the operating system you are using.The Custom Printer Tool opens in the default web browser.
- Add the custom printer definition file for the custom printer that you want to register.For more information, see Importing a Custom Printer Definition File .
- In TotalFlow Prep, go to . Note: You can also open the Printer Management screen directly from the printer selection menu on the menu bar.
- On the Printer Management screen, click Add Printer.
- On the Add Printer screen, follow these steps:
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.Enter up to 32 bytes.
- Under Printer type, select Custom printer.
- Under Printer model, select the custom printer that you want to add.The list of printers depends on the custom printer definition files added through the Custom Printer Tool.
- Click Settings... and specify the installable options available on the printer.Note: The specified installable options determine which settings are available for jobs that use this printer.
For more information, see Using the Installable Options .
- Configure the rest of the printer settings in the General tab.For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.Note: SNMP settings are not available for custom printers.
- Click OK.
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.