Adding Windows Printers
- This function is currently provided only as a preview version. For the list of known limitations and possible solutions, see the Readme file available from the Windows Start menu.
- Before registering a printer, make sure that both your computer and the printer are correctly connected to the network. For details about how to connect the printer to a network, see the printer documentation.
- Make sure that the printer you want to add is configured correctly in Windows and
uses a printer driver compatible with the Windows V4 Print Subsystem.
For more information, see the Windows Help and the documentation for your printer.
For examples of supported drivers, go to http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/p_i/p_i.htm?lang=en.
- In TotalFlow Prep, go to .
- On the Printer Management screen, click Add Printer.
- On the Add Printer screen, follow these steps:
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.Enter up to 32 bytes.
- Under Printer type, select Windows printer.
- Under Printer model, select the Windows printer that you want to add.The list of printers only includes the printers available on your Windows system that use a printer driver compatible with the Windows V4 Print Subsystem.
- Click OK.
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.
- On the Printer Management screen, hover over the registered Windows printer and click , the Edit button.
- On the Edit Printer screen, click Settings....
- On the Ricoh Windows Printer Mapping screen, configure mappings for the settings available
on the printer.A default set of mappings is already available based on the printer model.
For more information, click the help button on the Ricoh Windows Printer Mapping screen.