You can register new printers on the Printer Management screen.
Important: Before registering a printer, make sure that both your computer and the printer are correctly connected to the network. For details about printers that are compatible with this application, see the Printer Connector Readme. For details about how to connect the printer to a network, see the printer documentation.
- Go to .Note: You can also open the Printer Management screen directly from the printer selection menu on the menu bar.
- On the Printer Management screen, click Add Printer.
- On the Add Printer screen, follow these steps:
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.Enter up to 32 bytes.
- Under Printer type, select Standard printer.
- Configure the rest of the printer settings in the General and SNMP tabs.For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.
Make sure that SNMP is activated on the printer. See the printer documentation for more information.
The configured SNMP settings must match the corresponding settings on the printer.
- Click OK.
- In the Printer name field, enter a display name for the printer.