Preflight jobs using External Preflight
- Use PitStop Server or the PitStop plugin for Adobe Acrobat to create a preflight profile.
- See the PitStop documentation for instructions.
- If PitStop Server is on another computer, see section Configuring TotalFlow Production Manager to use PitStop Server.
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations..
- In the Workflows tab, select the workflow where you plan to submit jobs for preflighting and click the edit workflow icon. Or, right-click the workflow and select Editor and Properties....
- In the Activities pod, select the External Preflight activity and click Copy.
- In the activity properties dialog that opens, select the Job Defaults page.
- Set the Preflight profile path job property default to the name of the preflight profile.
- Click OK.
You see the new activity in the Custom section of the Activities pod.
- Drag and drop the new activity to the workflow.
- Save the workflow.
When the job reaches the External Preflight activity, TotalFlow Production Manager sends the job to the preflight program for preflighting and stores the preflight report. If there are more preflight errors or warnings than the Profile report's error threshold and Profile report's warning threshold job property defaults specify, the job goes to the Error progress category. Otherwise, it goes to the next activity in the workflow.Note: This activity can be used only for PDF files. If you submitted jobs containing other data streams, the External Preflight step will bring them into error state.
- To view the preflight report, select the job and click More, then Preflight report.