Modifying Jobs Using Workflow Properties
The Job Workflow properties option provides several job configuration options, other than job ticket properties, that can be set directly from a customized workflow. These workflow options modify the job PDF output, but leave the job ticket unchanged.
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations..
- In the objects pod on the left side of the page, click Workflows.
- Click New.
You see the Create Workflow dialog.
- Edit all the workflow properties according to your needs.
- Click OK to save the workflow.
- Select the workflow you created and then click the edit workflow icon.You see the Editor pod.
- Drag the activities that you want to add over the Editor pod. They can be either default or custom activities.You can add however many activities you need, as long as they are of the following types:
- Transform to PDF
- Run External Application
- Copy to Folder
- Closeout Order
- Run Hot Folder Application
- External Preflight
- Configure each activity according to your needs.
- Save the workflow.
- Submit one or several jobs to the workflow.
You can view and edit any of these configuration options from the Workflow Properties for Job page. To open the Workflow Properties for Job dialog, follow these steps:
When the job reaches each of the customized workflow activity, it is modified according to the configuration options that you set.
- In All Jobs pod, select a job, then click More.
- Select Job Workflow properties....
- Click OK to save any changes that you make.