Sending Jobs to a Printer or Printer Pool
For a job to be sent to a printer, the values of all the assignment properties for the job must match the values of the assignment properties for the printer. (A printer property without a value matches any value of the corresponding job property.)
The assignment properties are:
|Job property||Printer property|
|Paper Settings (Name on Paper page of Properties for Job editor)||Paper Settings (Name of the papers in the printer's input trays or scheduled in paper changes for the printer)|
|Color/Black and white||Color mode|
|Total sheets||Job total sheets supported|
|Requested Printer||Requested Printer|
To send an unassigned job to a printer or printer pool:
- In the All Jobs pod, select the job and click More, then Move....
You see the Move Job dialog:
- In the Requested printer list, select the printer or printer pool that you want to move the job to.If you select a printer, the top row of the table shows the values of the assignment properties for the selected printer. The other rows show the values of the corresponding properties for the jobs. If you select a printer pool, the assignment properties are not compared now and not shown. Go to Step 6.
- If the job and printer properties do not match, the mismatched value is highlighted in red. Select a different printer or printer pool.
- Under Position, specify when you want the job to print:
- To print the job after the last assigned job, click After last job.
- To print the job before another assigned job, click select one of the other jobs in the list.
- Click OK.
If you selected a printer pool, TotalFlow Production Manager compares the assignment properties of the job to the assignment properties of the printers in the pool. If no matching printer is found, you see an error message and the job is not assigned to a printer.
- If the printer uses the EFI Fiery controller option and port 9103, the job goes to
the hold queue. Do these steps at the printer console:
- On the Held tab of the Jobs list, select the job.
- Press Print.