These job settings can be included in a preset:
- Printer and printer settings
- User code setting
- Paper settings
- Orientation, printing side, and color settings
- Finishing and output settings
- Chapter settings
- Bleed edge tabs
- Headers and footers
- Page numbering
- Page stamping
- Exception settings
- Cover sheets
- Designation sheets
- Slip sheets
The number of copies and the information from the Job Setup panel, except for the User code, Print mode, Due date, and Apply settings to PDF and remove from job ticket settings, are not saved and applied as part of the preset.
When you save a preset, you can also add image processing settings, associate the preset with an input hot folder, and specify output settings for the jobs processed through the hot folder.
- Create or open a job.For more information, see Preparing Jobs.
- Make sure that you specify all the job settings that you want to include in the preset.For more information, see Editing Jobs.
- On the menu bar, click the presets menu and select Save job as preset.
- On the Save Preset screen, specify a name and description for the preset.
You can also configure an input hot folder for automated job processing, specify output settings for the jobs processed through the hot folder, and include image processing settings.
For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.
You can register up to 25 presets.
If you configure an input hot folder for the preset, you can create and output jobs simply by placing files in the hot folder. For more information, see Using Hot Folders with Presets.
When you associate a hot folder with a preset, a shortcut icon appears for the hot folder on the desktop.
A hot folder can be associated with a single preset. Hot folders cannot be shared by multiple computers or presets. Doing so might cause errors.
The hot folder and image processing functions are not available in the browser version of TotalFlow Prep.
- Click Save.The configured preset is added to the list of presets available in the presets menu and is selected for the current job until one of the registered job settings changes.