Manage Preflight Profiles and Action Lists Using the Preflight Database
Use the Preflight Database to create, organize and change preflight profiles, preflight checks and action lists.
A Preflight Profile contains a number of preflight checks and actions that are used for processing the production print file and viewing the reports generated for each preflighted job.
Preflight Checks are inspections of the PDF properties, such as text size or image compression ratio, that are performed during preflighting to make sure that the document complies with certain standards.
An Action List is a file that contains a series of sequential tasks, such as changing color or objects, that will be automatically performed on all jobs that reach the Preflight activity of the workflow.
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Operations..
- In the Workflows tab, right-click the workflow and select Editor and Properties....
- Open the Editor page.
- Create a Preflight activity and drag it over the workflow editor area.
- Right-click the activity, then click Properties.
- In the activity properties dialog that opens, select the Profiles page.
- Click the Preflight Database button at the bottom left of the dialog panel.
- If the browser prompts you to allow the website to open or launch the Preflight Database
program, allow it.
You see the Preflight Profile Panel, in which you can:
- view the previously saved profiles.
- create, organize and access Preflight Profiles.
- import, export, duplicate, and group Preflight Profiles.
- Preflight Profiles marked as your favorites.
- PDF Profiles
- The default Preflight Profiles, grouped in subfolders.
- Preflight Profiles that you created and saved locally.
- Use the select icon to select the profiles folders, then the arrows to expand or collapse them.
- To create new folders, right-click in a clean area inside the panel, then select New database.
For more information on the checks that you can define in preflight profiles, see Pitstop Server 13 – Reference Guide
- Click Action Lists.
You see the Action List Control Panel, in which you can:
- view and select the previously saved Action Lists.
- sort, remove, duplicate, import/export the Action Lists.
- Action Lists marked as your favorites.
- Action Lists
- The default Action Lists, grouped in subfolders.
- Action Lists that you created and saved locally.
- Use the select icon to select the Action Lists folders, then the arrows to expand or collapse them.
- To change an Action List, select it in the Action List Control Panel, click Manage, then select an option from the context menu that opens.