Transforming PostScript Jobs to PDF
- Log in to TotalFlow Production Manager as an administrator.
- In the menu bar, click Configuration.
- In the Server pod, select System, then click Properties.
- Click Transform.
You see the Transform page of the Properties for Server dialog:
- Under PostScript Transform Options, set the default values for the parameters of the output PDF files.
For a PostScript file, the parameters of the PDF output files are: Bind, Rotate, Embed font, Resolution, and Page size.
- Click OK to save the settings.
The values set at this stage are used for all the Post Script jobs processed through TotalFlow Production Manager.
- Optional: In the Properties dialog of the Transform to PDF workflow activity, open the Job Defaults page and select Read job ticket attributes.This option enables submitting PostScript jobs created and edited with RICOH PS Universal Driver to TotalFlow Production Manager.
The settings that you can change in RICOH PS Universal Driver are:
Note: The changes you make in the PostScript job ticket attributes at this step overwrite the job ticket attributes from the previously submitted job ticket or from the workflow defaults and overrides.
- User code
- Add the Transform to PDF activity to the workflow you will use to print the PostScript job. Otherwise, TotalFlow Production Manager cannot create the PDF for the job. For more information about how to add activities
to a workflow, see Editing Workflows.When the job reaches the Transform to PDF activity, TotalFlow Production Manager transforms it from PostScript to PDF.