Setting Clear Toner Properties
- The Fifth Station settings are only available when a Fifth Station module is installed on the printer. The availability of these settings depends on the printer model, printer controller, and Fifth Station configuration.
- The Named spot color and Adjust tone options are not available for printers with EFI Fiery controllers.
- Click Fifth Station in the settings area on the right.
- Under Special effect toner, select Clear.
- Under Processing target, select one of these options:
No special effect toner is applied. Any spot color used is processed using CMYK values.
- Whole page
The special effect toner is applied to the entire page.
- Named spot color
The special effect toner is applied to a specific spot color in the print file.
In the Spot color name field, select a spot color from the list or enter a spot color name. The spot color name must match the corresponding spot color used in the PDF print file. TotalFlow Prep does not provide a warning if you enter a spot color name that is not recognized.
In the Spot color priority field, set which spot color has priority over the others.
- Specified objects
The special effect toner is applied only to specific objects. Select one or more objects from the list of options available for your configuration.
- Under Adjust tone, enter a value from 0 to 100%.
- Under Print priority, select Quality or Speed.When the print mode is set to Speed, the amount of special effect toner is reduced to enable faster printing.
- Under Page range, enter the range of pages that you want to print with special effect toner.
- Under Mirror, specify whether to mirror all the sheets in the job.The Mirror function applies to the entire job, even if you set a page range for the other Fifth Station options.
For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.