Adding a Cover to a Perfect Bound Job
- These imposition settings do not apply to the perfect bind cover:
- Manual setting for Finishing Size
- Binding margins
- Image Shift
- Make sure that the printer set for the job supports perfect binding.If you want to print job content on the cover, the printer must also support printing on the cover.
- In the settings area on the right, click Finishing.
- Under Binding, select Perfect binding.
- In the settings area on the right, click Covers.
- In the Covers panel, specify the settings required for the perfect bind cover.
You can set the paper and input tray and specify whether the cover is preprinted or printed with job content. If the cover is printed with job content, you can also configure the spine thickness, the cover wrapping method, and the spine offset and set image shift values for the cover content.
For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.
- To design the cover, click Cover Builder.You can specify the pages that are printed on the cover and on the spine and set the page position, order, size, and rotation. For more information, see Creating the Perfect Bind Cover.
- Cover Builder is available only when you print job content on the cover.
- To design the spine, click Spine Builder.You can add masks, text, and images and set the object position, order, size, and rotation. For more information, see Editing the Spine of a Perfect Bind Cover.
- Spine Builder is available only when you print job content on the outside of the cover.
- Make sure that you first create the cover in Cover Builder. If you use Cover Builder after you design the spine, the objects placed on the spine are removed.