Inserting Pages from Existing or Scanned Files
Right-click the target page in the page list or the target sheet in Sheet view
and select Insert new pages
Important: When the pages are inserted, they are placed before the target page or sheet.Note: If the imposition is set to Booklet , you can only insert new pages from the page list.
In the Insert pages
dialog box, add files from your computer or import files from a scanner.
- To add files from your computer, click Add files
, browse for the files that you want to add in the Open dialog box, select them, and click Open.
You can also drag files from a Windows folder and drop them into the Insert pages dialog box.
If a file is password-protected, you are prompted to enter the password before you can add the file to the job.
- The files must be located in a folder that can be accessed by the client computer.
- Make sure that the files have a supported format. For more information, see Supported File Formats.
- Before adding Microsoft Office files to a job, make sure that the TotalFlow PDF driver is installed. For more information, see the Setup Guide.
- To import files from a scanner, select a TWAIN-compliant scanner or the Fiery Remote
Scan utility from the list of scanners and click Scan
Depending on the selected scanner, the TWAIN driver setup screen or the Fiery Remote Scan utility is launched. Follow the steps required by the scanner driver and make any necessary settings.
The Scan function is not available in the browser version of TotalFlow Prep.
Depending on the scanner you want to use, you must first install and configure the corresponding Ricoh TWAIN driver or the EFI Fiery Remote Scan utility.
For information on the supported devices, see the Printer Connector Readme file. For information on the driver installation and configuration procedure, see the documentation for your drivers.
To use the scanner with the EFI Fiery controller option, the Fiery Remote Scan utility is required. The TWAIN driver cannot be used in this case.
Make sure that you use a 32-bit version of Fiery Remote Scan. The latest 32-bit version is 18.104.22.168 and is available for download on the Ricoh website. For example, you can go to http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/lan_e/model/eb_32/eb_32en.htm and select a 32-bit link, such as http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/lan_e/model/eb_32/eb_32en.htm#Microsoft%20Windows%2010%20(32-bit).
If the orientation of scanned data is not as required, you can rotate the pages using the rotate function provided by TotalFlow Prep. For more information, see Rotating Pages.
- To add files from your computer, click Add files , browse for the files that you want to add in the Open dialog box, select them, and click Open.
- Repeat the previous step to add all the required files.
Make any necessary adjustments to the files.
- To reorder the files, drag and drop a file before or after other files in the list.
- To specify which pages to include for files with multiple pages, enter the required
page numbers or page ranges in the Page Range
Enter multiple pages or page ranges separated by commas.
- To remove a file from the list, hover over the file and click , the Delete button.
- Click OK .