Removing Noise with Despeckle
- The Despeckle function is only available for valid pages. A page is valid if the original file type is Image PDF.
- Punctuation marks such as periods or decimal points (.), colons (:), semicolons (;), commas (,), apostrophes ('), and similar symbols or letters might also be removed from the image. To undo the changes, click , the Undo button, then adjust the removal area and level and perform despeckle again.
- This function is not available in the browser version of TotalFlow Prep.
- In the settings area on the right, click Clean Up.
- In the Clean Up panel, click Despeckle.
- Under Pages, select All valid pages, Active page, Selected valid pages, or Valid pages in Light Table stack.
- Under Strength, select a strength level:
- Fine is the lowest setting.
- Medium is the moderate setting.
- Coarse is the strongest setting. This setting might also remove punctuation marks such as periods or decimal points (.), colons (:), semicolons (;), commas (,), apostrophes ('), and similar symbols or letters.
- Under Position, click Auto or Manual:
The Auto mode applies despeckle settings to the entire page.
The Manual mode lets you apply despeckle settings to a target area on the page.
Click the page and drag the cursor over the target area to select it.
You can also enter coordinates in the x and y fields to set the location of the area and specify width and height values in the w and h fields.
- Click Apply.Important: Repeated despeckle operations affect the image quality. If you want to perform despeckle again with different settings, first revert the previous changes using , the Undo button.
For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.