Using Auto Alignment
- Click Clean Up in the settings area on the right.
- In the Clean Up panel, click Align.Note: In Edit Mode, Light Table, or Mirror Light Table a crosshair appears in the workspace indicating the reference point on the page. Click and drag the crosshair to reposition the reference point.
- Under Pages, select All valid pages, Active page, Selected valid pages, or Valid pages in Light Table stack.
- All valid pages applies the alignment changes to all valid pages in the job.
- Active page applies the alignment changes to the active page. When this option is selected, the active page is highlighted in blue.
- Selected valid pages applies the alignment changes to all valid pages that are selected in the page list. This is the default setting.
- Valid pages in Light Table stack applies the alignment changes to all valid pages in the light table stack.
- Under Position, click Auto.
- Under Align to, specify a reference point for alignment.The default reference point is in the upper left corner of the page.
- Use the From left and From top fields to enter specific distances from the reference point.
- To align the back-side reference point to the front-side reference point, select the
Mirror check box.If the Mirror check box is not selected, the back-side reference point is not aligned with the front-side.
- This is an example with the Mirror check box selected.
- This is an example with the Mirror check box cleared.
- If you have a page with margins that you want to apply across other pages, select
the Use reference page margins check box and enter the number of the page you want to use as reference.
- When you select the Use reference page margins check box, the alignment function detects content on the reference page, not the active page.
- If there is no content on the reference page, an error message is displayed and the Use reference page margins check box is automatically cleared.
- Under Content detection strength, select Coarse (text, faster) or Fine (image, slower).
- Click Apply.
For details about a specific setting, click the button to display the on-screen field help.