PDF viewer controls
When you open the viewer to look at the contents of a job, you use the controls to move through the job by page, by searching for text, or by searching for a document property.
Select the Page option from the Go to list to move through the job by page. Select the String option from the Go to list to enter text and search the job for occurrences of that text. Select the Document Property option from the Go to list to search for a value in one of the document properties in the PDF file.
Zooming and Rotating
The right side of the navigation toolbar provides controls you can use to zoom in, zoom out, and rotate the current page.
- Rotate clockwise
- Rotates the view of the job ninety degrees in the clockwise direction from the current rotation.
- Zoom out
- Decreases the size of the displayed page to a preset percentage, depending on the number of times you click the button.
- Zoom value
- Changes the size of the displayed page according to a value that you select from a
list or type in the field. You can select a percentage or a page fit option.
- Actual size displays the page at 100% magnification.
- Fit page adjusts the magnification so that the page fills the window horizontally and vertically.
- Fit width adjusts the magnification so that the page fills the window horizontally.
- Fit visible adjusts the magnification so that the text and images fit the width of the window.
- Zoom in
- Increases the size of the displayed page to a preset percentage, depending on the number of times you click the button.
Navigating through jobs
The controls on the left side of the toolbar change based on the value that you choose for the Go to field.
- The Page toolbar lets you move through the job page-by-page or jump directly to a specific page.
- Display first page
- Displays the first page of the job.
- Display previous page
- Displays the page of the job that is immediately before the one that is currently displayed.
- Numerical entry field
- Type the number of the page that you want to display in the viewer and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Display next page
- Displays the page of the job that is immediately after the one that is currently displayed.
- Display last page
- Displays the last page of the job.
- The String toolbar lets you search the job for a page containing specific text.
- Type the term that you want to search for in the text field.
- Find previous instance
- Searches for the previous occurrence of the search term, which might be on a page before the page that is currently displayed.
- Find next instance
- Searches for the next occurrence of the search term, which might be on a page after the page that is currently displayed.
- Select this option to find only text that matches the exact case that you typed in the text field. For example, if you type john doe and select Case-sensitive, the search shows the first occurrence of john doe, but skips any occurrences of John Doe.
- The Property toolbar lets you search the job using the value of a document property. To search a job using document properties, you must have installed the PDF Document Support feature and defined document properties for the PDF print job using RICOH ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat.
- Property list
- You use this control to select the document property that you want to search. You can click the down-arrow icon to view and select a document property from the alphabetized list of all document properties in the job. You can also type any part of the name of the document property. As you type, the list of document properties is narrowed to those that contain the text you type.
- Display first page
- Displays the first page of the job that contains the document property value you selected.
- Find previous
- Click the Find previous arrow to display the previous page in the job that contains the document property value you selected.
- Select a value
- After you select a document property, the viewer populates this list with all of the values in the job for that document property. You can click the down-arrow icon and select a specific value. If your job has more values than are displayed in the list, type in any part of the name of the document property value. The list of values is narrowed only to those that contain the text you type. When you select a value from the list, the viewer displays the first page of the job that contains that document property value.
- Find next
- Click the Find next arrow to display the next page in the job that contains the document property value you selected.
- Display last page
- Displays the last page of the job that contains the document property value you selected.
Additional controls for Print Job Again
When you open the viewer from the Print Job Again page, you see the Add page to list field and the Add button above the viewer. Click Add page to list to fill in the Pages field with the number of the page that is currently displayed in the viewer. You can select more than one page to be reprinted. If you display a different page and click Add page to list again, the new page is added to the existing value to create a list.
- You can also type a page number or a page range in the Pages field. Use a dash to indicate a page range and separate all page numbers and ranges with commas. To print from a specific page through the end of the job, use the letter n to represent the last page of the job. For example, to print a selection of pages from a 500 page job, enter: 3,27,150-165,302-428,491-n.