When the batching method is Number, the hot folder or SFTP input device submits a specific number of files as a group. Only files that match the Data patterns property of the hot folder or SFTP input device are counted and submitted.
The hot folder or SFTP input device parses the file name and determines if it matches the value of the Data patterns property. If the name matches the pattern, the hot folder or SFTP input device counts the file. When the number of files reaches the value set for the Number of files to batch property, the hot folder or SFTP input device submits the files as a single group.
- RICOH ProcessDirector for Windows processes child jobs in the order that the files were last modified. The Windows Date Modified value is shown as the value of the Time submitted job property. Because the Date Modified value does not change when the file is placed in the input device, a file created in 2010 and submitted in 2011 shows a Time submitted from 2010.
When you use the Number batching method, set these input device properties as indicated:
- Workflow: ParentNoPrint
- Child workflow: The workflow that is appropriate for the print files in the job.
- Submit step: SubmitInputFiles
- Create .zip file: If this property is set to Yes, all input files that match the value set in the Data patterns property are combined as a ZIP file and submitted as a single job. If this value is set to No, all input files are submitted as child jobs.
- Number of files to batch: The number of files that the hot folder or SFTP input device waits to receive before submitting the files as a single group.
- Data patterns: A pattern that matches some part of the file name of your print files. For hot folder or SFTP input devices, the default value is the regular expression: .*$. That pattern matches all file names.