Sending Jobs to an EFI Fiery hot folder
Before you start this procedure, make sure:
- You installed and set up RICOH Cloud Connector.
- You created a hot folder using the Fiery Hot Folders application.
- You know whether RICOH Cloud Connector and the hot folder are on the same server.
If they are not on the same server, make sure that you know the hostname or IP address of the server that the hot folder was created on. Also verify that it has been shared on the network with read & write permission and that you have the correct credentials to connect to the hot folder, if needed.
To send jobs to an EFI Fiery hot folder:
- Open RICOH Account Administration.
- In the left pane, click Hot Folders.
- Click Add Hot Folder at the right top of the page.
- In the Add Hot Folder dialog, enter a name and description for the hot folder. Choose something that helps job submitters know where to send jobs.
- For Location, enter the path to the Fiery hot folder, relative to RICOH Cloud Connector.
- If RICOH Cloud Connector and the Fiery hot folder are on the same server, open the Fiery Hot Folders and find the Location for the hot folder. Copy that value and paste it here.
- If they are on different servers, enter the shared folder location like this:
- The hostname or IP address of the server that the hot folder was created on.
- The shared hot folder directory where jobs are downloaded to.
- Select the Printer hot folder box. For the Digital front end select EFI Fiery and for Printer model, select your printer.
- Click Ok.
- If you have multiple instances of Cloud Connector installed, you see the Select RICOH Cloud Connector dialog. Choose the Cloud Connector to use when sending jobs to the hot folder that you are creating, then click Ok.
- If credentials are required to connect to the shared directory, a dialog opens requesting that user ID and password. Enter the values and click Ok.