- Open RICOH Account Administration.
- In the left pane, click Automations.The Automations page opens.
If other automations already exist, they are displayed in the Automations table.
- Click Create Automation.
- Type a name that can help you identify the automation.
- Select the application that uses this automation.
- Click Continue.
- Under Trigger, select an event that causes the automation to evaluate the current job or order
to determine whether an action needs to run, then click Continue.For example, when a customer submits a job through email, the trigger event is that a job is received.
- Under Conditions, specify the criteria that must be met for the automation to do the action that you
specify in the next step:
- To define the conditions, select or type a value in each of the three fields. Choose
a setting from the first list, then an operator from the second, then a value from
The three fields are parts of each condition: an attribute, a value, and the comparator between them. The comparators change based on the attribute you choose. For example, the comparators for numbers are different from the comparators for text. The comparator and value you choose depend on what you want the automation to check.For example, select Submitted By from the attributes list and is from the comparators list in the middle. The values field on the right becomes populated with the customers list and you can choose one of them.Or, if you select Customer from the attributes list and contains from the comparators list, the values field becomes editable and you can type a part of a customer name.
- To add more conditions, click , the Add condition button. To delete a condition, click, the Remove condition button.
- When you added all the conditions, click Continue.
- Under Actions, specify the actions that occur when the conditions are met.For example, choose Change jobs status to in the left field and Ready for production in the right field.Or, choose Send to hot folder in the left field and select or type the name of an already defined hot folder in the right field.
- When you finished defining the automation details, click Ok.
By default, the automation status is Off when you create it. To enable the automation, click Off and turn on the Enabled button.