Performing Color Verification
You can evaluate the result of the color adjustment, and check the status of the specified printer.
To perform color verification:
- On the operation screen of the Fiery Command WorkStation or the TotalFlow Print Server, print the PDF file of the color chart for verification.
- Select the printer on which to perform color verification.
- Print the document data using the required print settings. For information about print settings, see Using Fiery to Print the Color Chart PDF File for Color Verification or Using the TotalFlow Print Server to Print the Color Chart PDF File for Color Verification.
- When using Fiery, register the print job in the job archive to omit importing the chart.
- When using the TotalFlow Print Server, keep the job as a saved job to omit importing the chart.
- Specify not to retain the RIP-processed data after the process is complete.
- Take the last copy of the profiling chart that you printed.
- Place the color chart for verification on the machine, with the print side facing
up.For more information, see Placing an Original or Color Chart on the Paper Tray.
- On the computer taskbar, click the RICOH icon ().
- Click Quick Color Adjustment.
- In the Quick Color Adjuster dialog, click Scan.
- In the Scan Chart dialog, click Start Scan.The color chart for color verification is scanned, and the scan result is evaluated.
- Check the Color Verification Results.
- If NG is displayed, click the Details button to see the Post-judgement details.
- If NG is displayed, check that the print settings are specified correctly and the paper conforms to the specified standard, and then perform Quick Color Adjustment again.
- Click Exit.The color verification of the color adjustment result is complete.
- The color deviation and judgment result (OK/NG) displayed in Post-judgment might differ from those when a different colorimeter is used.
- You can check the change in color over time in Management Console. For details, see Management Console.
- If a message is displayed, see RICOH Auto Color Adjuster: User Guide.