Operation Workflow in Color Sample Matching
Scan or load a color sample, then scan the test print of a document (PDF) on the machine. Afterwards, compare and match their colors using Color Sample Matching. Use the ICC profile generated by the color matching process to print the document in colors approximating the colors of the color sample as closely as possible.
- If you have the saved original data and the saved golden sample, load them.
- If you do not have the saved original data and the saved golden sample, prepare the
original PDF and the color sample.
- Print the document on paper (generate a hard copy of the document).
- Select Color Sample Matching, and then display the document in the application.
- Place the color sample on the paper tray of the machine, and then scan it in Color Sample Matching.
- Place the hard copy of the document that you printed in step on the machine, and then scan it in Color Sample Matching.
- Perform color matching in Color Sample Matching, and then save the profile.
- Optional: Save the original data and the golden sample data.
- Register the profile to a DFE, and then print the document using the profile.The colors are matched to the sample and the document is printed.