Placing an Original or Color Chart on the Paper Tray
- Do not add an original in the tray while some sheets are still remaining on the tray. Doing so might cause double feeding to occur.
- Faint streaks or linear imprints might appear on the surface of the paper when you use an original or color chart that is printed on coated paper or media that is easily scratched.
- When loading multiple sheets of paper together, fan the sheets thoroughly, and bend the stack slowly several times before aligning the edges. If misfeed occurs, place one sheet at a time.
To place an original or color chart on the paper tray:
- Open the paper tray.
- Pull out the extension tray when you are placing an original that extends beyond the edge of the tray (longer than A4 size paper in portrait orientation).
- Gently insert the paper with the side to be scanned facing up.
- Adjust the paper guide to fit the paper size.