Preparing the Data for Color Sample Matching
Select the original data, scan the color sample and the printed document on the machine, and display them on the Color Sample Matching screen.
To prepare the data required in sample matching:
- Print the document data (PDF).
- Select the printer on which to perform color matching.
- Print the document data using the required print settings. For information about print settings, see Using Fiery to Print the PDF File for Color Matching or Using the TotalFlow Print Server to Print the PDF File for Color Matching.
- On the computer, select Color Sample Matching.
- If you have the saved original data and the saved golden sample, load them.
- To load the saved original data and the saved golden sample, select Load.
- In the Select Folder dialog, select the folder containing the saved original data and golden sample data.
- Click Select Folder.The original file and the golden sample are displayed in the Color Sample Matching dialog.
- If you do not have a saved golden sample, scan it.
- In the Original Data section, click Select File.
- In the Select Original Data dialog, select the file containing the original data.The image from the selected file is displayed in the Original Data section.
- Place the color sample with the side to scan facing up on the source tray of the machine. For details, see Placing an Original or Color Chart on the Paper Tray.
- In the Golden Sample section, select the paper size of your printed color sample.
- If you select Custom Size, enter the paper length along the sub scan direction in Sub Scan.
- In the Golden Sample section, select Scan.When the scaninng is complete, the scanned image appears in the Golden Sample section.
- Place the printed document with the side to scan facing up on the machine.
- In the Before Color Matching section, specify the paper size of the printed original. If you specified Custom Size, enter the paper length along the sub scan direction in Sub Scan.
- Select Scan in the Before Color Matching section.When the scan is complete, the scanned image appears in the Before Color Matching section.
- Proceed to the process of creating a profile. For details, see Matching Colors and Creating a Profile.