Configuring Slingshot to submit jobs to RICOH ProcessDirector
If your Avanti support representative created the JDF Types required to submit Slingshot jobs to RICOH ProcessDirector, you can use these instructions to create more JDF Types.
RICOH ProcessDirector can receive one or more PDF files with each JDF job ticket. When RICOH ProcessDirector receives multiple PDF files, it creates a separate job for each of them.
Slingshot can submit PDF files to RICOH ProcessDirector by including them in the MIME package or putting a link to them in the JDF job ticket. We recommend configuring Slingshot to submit PDF files to RICOH ProcessDirector in the MIME package.
If Slingshot puts a link to PDF files in the JDF job ticket, make sure that the RICOH ProcessDirector system user has authority to read them. The default system user is aiw1.
When receiving jobs from Slingshot, RICOH ProcessDirector checks whether the MIME package includes PDF files. If the package does not include any PDF files, RICOH ProcessDirector checks the JDF job ticket for a link to the files.
RICOH ProcessDirector requires JDF that does not contain any nested JDF nodes.
- For a typical implementation of Slingshot, you do these steps to exchange information with RICOH ProcessDirector. Your implementation of Slingshot can have steps that differ from these steps.
- Create a JDF Type.
If you want to send jobs to different RICOH ProcessDirector servers, you can create multiple JDF Types.
- Log in to the Avanti Slingshot client.
- Navigate to JDF Type. and double-click
- Click New ().
- In the JDF Type Code field, type a name such as RPD Sender. Fill in other values as needed.
- On the JDF/JMF Options tab, specify these JDF Output Options:
Click the PDF check box for File Types to Send.
If Slingshot sends PDF files to RICOH ProcessDirector in the MIME package, click the Copy to hot folder check box for Attached Files.
If Slingshot sends a link to PDF files in the JDF job ticket, make sure that Copy to hot folder is not checked.
Click the check box for Use Combined JDF Format.
Make sure that Include All Job Sections is not checked.
- The settings for Use Combined JDF Format and Include All Job Sections produce JDF that does not contain any nested JDF nodes.
Click the check box for Send JDF via MIME.
- For JMF Messages, click the check boxes for all the options.
- On the Connection Options tab:
For JMF HTTP URL, enter this URL:
Replace yourserver with the IP address or hostname of your RICOH ProcessDirector server.
For JMF Return HTTP URL, enter the value provided by your Avanti support representative.
- Click Save Record ().
- Attach the JDF Type to the estimating standard for each printer device that prints
RICOH ProcessDirector jobs.
- Navigate to My Estimating Standards. and double-click
- In Table View, find the printer device that you want to attach the JDF Type to.The name of the device is in the Description column.
- Display Detail View by clicking the arrow to the left of the device.
- Click Edit ().
- Select the JDF Type on the JDF Type list.
- Click Save Record ().