Installing the Main Application
- Log on to Windows with a user account that has administrator privileges.
- Insert the TotalFlow Prep installation media into the DVD drive of the computer.
If the AutoPlay window opens, select Install or run program. If the AutoPlay window does not open, double-click
Setup.exein the DVD drive root directory to start the installation.Note: If the user account control screen appears, click Yes.
- On the setup screen, select the language for the TotalFlow Prep interface and click OK.
- On the Introduction screen, click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen:
- Read the license agreement.
- Select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement check box.
- Click Next.
If you do not accept the license agreement, the installation does not continue.
- On the Choose Install Folder screen, specify the folder where you want to install the application and click Install.
The name of the folder that you specify as the destination folder must not end with the "!" character.
Do not place any user data in the destination folder where you install this application. The data might be removed when you cancel the installation or uninstall the application.
The installation starts.
- New installation
When the installation of the main application finishes, continue with the installation of the TotalFlow PDF driver and the permanent license. When the Install Complete screen appears, click Done to complete the installation.
You can also install the TotalFlow PDF driver and the permanent license later from the Windows Start menu.
- Update installation
An update installation only replaces certain files with the latest versions. When all the files are copied, continue with the installation. If the permanent license is already installed, the Install Complete screen appears. Click Done to complete the installation. To install the TotalFlow PDF driver, you must use the Windows Start menu.
- Overwrite installation
An overwrite installation installs the same version of the application on top of an existing installation. When all the files are copied, continue with the installation. If the permanent license is already installed, the Install Complete screen appears. Click Done to complete the installation. To install the TotalFlow PDF driver, you must use the Windows Start menu.
The installer also automatically installs the Printer Connector component, which facilitates printer communication.
- For details about installing the TotalFlow PDF driver, see Installing the TotalFlow PDF Driver.
- For details about installing a license, see Installing the Product License.
- By default, the port for the Tomcat server is set to
20080is already used by another application, you must set a different port number. For more information, see Changing the Port for the Tomcat Server.
Update installations and overwrite installations do not affect the port number already in use.