Setting the Special Effect Toner Properties
- Click Fifth Station on the left side of the screen.
- Go to Special effect toner and select one of the toner types installed on your printer.
- Go to the Processing target control and select one of these options:
- Named spot colorNote: The Named spot color option is only available when the printer configuration supports it.
- Whole page
- Specified objects
If you select Named spot color from the list, choose a specific spot color from the list or enter your own spot color name. The spot color name entered must match exactly the corresponding spot color name used in the PDF print file. The spot color name used in the PDF print file must contain only ASCII printable characters.
To apply the special effect toner only to specific objects, select Specified objects.
If you select None, any spot color used is processed using alternate CMYK values.
- Named spot color
- Go to Spot color priority to set which spot color has priority over each other. This field is only displayed when you select Named spot color from the Processing target list.
- Go to Adjust tone and enter a value from 0 to 100%.
- Go to Print priority and set it to Quality or Speed. When the print mode is set to Speed, the amount of special effect toner is reduced to enable a faster printing speed.
- Go to Page range and enter the range of pages to print with special effect toner.
- Go to Mirror and select whether to mirror all the sheets in the job. The Mirror function applies to the entire printing job, even if you set up a page range for the other Fifth Station options.