The type of printer that you create in TotalFlow Production Manager to represent a printer device depends on the capabilities of the printer device:
- Job Ticket printer
- Job Ticket printers are associated with printer devices that support job tickets. You can specify
job options by editing the job tickets for jobs assigned to Job Ticket printers.
TotalFlow Production Manager workflows that are associated with Job Ticket printers can receive jobs from these programs:
- RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission
- RICOH TotalFlow Prep
- RICOH TotalFlow PM PDF Print Driver
- External online applications such as MarcomCentral Web-to-print system.
- Passthrough printer
- Passthrough printers are associated with printer devices that can print jobs in many
different formats, for example, PCL, PostScript, and PDF. Jobs assigned to passthrough
printers do not have job tickets. TotalFlow Production Manager workflows that are associated with Passthrough printers can receive these jobs in
a hot folder or from a print command that uses the LPD protocol. Passthrough printers
cannot report job status.
Passthrough printers can receive jobs from RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission.