Job Submission Methods
You can submit jobs to TotalFlow Production Manager using other TotalFlow applications, the line printer daemon (LPD) protocol, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), or other file copying methods.
Jobs are submitted to workflows that you define. Workflows receive the job and initiate job processing.
The supported job submission methods are:
- Quick Submission from RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager
- TotalFlow Production Manager lets you input jobs by dragging any supported type of file over the submitting area. The files are then submitted to a TotalFlow Production Manager workflow that can process the jobs.
- RICOH TotalFlow Prep
- TotalFlow Prep lets you edit and proof documents and select documents to create a job with a job ticket, then submit the job to a TotalFlow Production Manager workflow.
- RICOH TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission
- TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission lets you select documents to create a job with a job ticket, then submit the job to a TotalFlow Production Manager workflow.
- RICOH TotalFlow PM PDF Print Driver
- TotalFlow PM PDF Print Driver lets you send documents from any supported operating system to the TotalFlow Production Manager server, then submit the job to a TotalFlow Production Manager workflow through TotalFlow Production Manager Job Submission.
- Hot folder
- You can use an FTP client or your preferred file copying method to copy or move print files into a hot folder. When you copy or move a job to the hot folder directory, the workflow that is associated with the hot folder automatically receives the job and initiates job processing.
- LPD protocol
- You can use the LPR port, the
lprcommand, or another command that uses the LPD protocol to submit jobs to a workflow. Specify the name of the workflow as the target printer. For example, the name of the workflow is the value of the
-Poption of the
- MarcomCentral Web-to-print system
- You can use MarcomCentral connections to create orders. TotalFlow Production Manager automatically receives orders from the MarcomCentral stores that you connected, processes the orders as requested, provides status updates, creates packing slips, invoices and settlements.