When a Paper Jam Occurs
Open the front door of the machine, and remove the paper when Open the cover and remove original document/chart inside. is displayed on the computer.
- Do not turn off the machine when removing paper.
- To remove paper, hold the left and right ends of hands, and pull on the paper evenly.
- Be careful not to rip the paper and leave small pieces of it inside the machine when removing jammed paper. If small pieces are left inside the machine, a paper jam or malfunction might occur.
- If the paper is torn, put pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle, and make sure that you have all pieces. If one or more pieces is missing, it might be left inside the machine. Consult your service representative.
- If the message persists even after removing the jammed paper, check that there is no other paper jammed inside the machine.