Checking the Change in Color over Time
On the Management Console screen, you can check the change in color over time. To check the most recent status of a printer, perform color verification of Quick Color Adjustment, and then open the Management Console screen.
To check the change in color over time:
- Check the IP address and port number of the server.
- If the menu screen is not already displayed, click the RICOH icon () on the desktop, to start it.
- Click the Machine Settings button () on the menu screen.
- Click Auto Color Adjuster Server Settings, and check the IP address and port number.
- You can use Management Console from a computer on the network. In the address bar of the web browser, enter the IP address and port number of the computer that is connected to the machine via a USB cable.
- When you are operating more than one machine and using a client computer, consult the administrator for the IP address and port number of the server.
- Start your web browser, and enter the IP address and port number in the address bar.
- Enter the user name and password.
- Specify the period to view the graph in Date Range:, and then click Save.
- Change the settings in Location:, Printing condition:, and Change View:.
- In the Location: field, specify the location in which the printer to check is located.
- In the Printing condition: field, specify the target condition (standard) against which to compare the colors.
- In the Change View: field, specify whether to display a graph for each printer model, or for each paper.
- To narrow down the printer or paper to display on the graph, clear the checkboxes of the items to hide.
- Check the graph.
- To save a report file, click Export.
The values of each item for the displayed period are saved in CSV format.
- Close the web browser.