Performing Color Adjustment
Adjust the colors printed on the printer by scanning a color chart on the machine and registering the created profile to a DFE.
- You can confirm the name of the PDF file for the color chart that is assigned to each combination of a printer and paper on which to perform color adjustment in .For more information, see RICOH Auto Color Adjuster: Installation Guide.
To perform color adjustment:
- On the operation screen of the Fiery Command WorkStation or the TotalFlow Print Server, print the PDF file of the color chart for creating a profile.
- Select the printer on which to perform color adjustment.
- Print the document data using the required print settings. For information about print settings, see Using Fiery to Print the Color Chart PDF File for Color Adjustment or Using the TotalFlow Print Server to Print the Color Chart PDF File for Color Adjustment.
- When using Fiery, register the print job in the job archive to omit importing the chart.
- When using the TotalFlow Print Server, keep the job as a saved job to omit importing the chart.
- Take the last copy of the profiling chart that you printed.
- Place the color chart for creating a profile on the machine, with the print side facing
up.For more information, see Placing an Original or Color Chart on the Paper Tray.
- On the computer taskbar, click the RICOH icon ().
- Click Quick Color Adjustment.
- In the Quick Color Adjuster dialog, click Scan.
- In the Scan Chart dialog, click Start Scan.
- Check that the Pre-judgement, Create Profile, and Register Profile to DFE checkboxes are selected.
- For details about each item on the screen, see How to Use the Quick Color Adjustment Screen.
- If an error occurs, follow the instructions displayed on the screen.For more information, see Troubleshooting (Quick Color Adjustment).
- Click Exit.
- When you are using a DFE that does not support automatic registration of profiles, register the stored profile manually to the DFE. For details, see Precautions When Registering a Profile.